June 21, 2019
Are you moving soon but there are a few things which need to be fixed? If yes, then you should do some upgrades to help you make your new house feel like home. With some home improvement tips in place, you’ll still love your place despite the transition.
If you’re looking to make your new house more refreshing, here are some improvement and renovation tasks to do after moving in.
Painting can be one of the most inexpensive home improvement options you can take after you move in. It has a significant impact on turning an old house into a welcoming one. With a coat of paint, your entire place will definitely look fresh. All you need to do is to choose the best paint colors that will complement the fixed furnishing and the pieces of furniture in your house. If you don’t have time, you may hire a professional painter and let them do the painting for you. Just make sure you include their services fees in your budget.
- Get your house professionally cleaned
Another way of giving your new house a fresh look is to get it deep cleaned. Whether you hire a professional cleaning service or clean the house on your own, cleaning can help make you feel better when you start moving your stuff in your new space. Thus, make sure you have the old carpets cleaned to eliminate dirt, dust, and even pet smells.
In addition to painting, adding light fixtures can go a long way in making your new house feel and look refreshing. If you want natural light, you can open the windows or install thin curtains to safeguard your place’s privacy. When choosing additional lighting, consider the brightness. Always pick the ones that can brighten up your space, making your whole house an attractive place to move in.
- Display the things that you love
Aside from the artwork, you can also improve your new home’s atmosphere by displaying the things that you love the most. Whether it’s your favorite family portrait, collection of paintings, and many more, you can fill your house with these things to make you feel better. After all, displaying these essential items will surely make you happy.
On the other hand, if you’re concerned about the safety of your memorabilia, hiring a reputable moving company can be the best option.
This can be one of the easiest home improvements you can do after moving. Even if you know the previous owner of your new house, you still don’t know how many have the keys to your place. In order to avoid that risk and give yourself some peace of mind, contact a locksmith, and have your locks changed as early as possible. By doing it, you’ll know for sure the people who can access to your new house.
Unpacking can be a stressful experience, especially if you don’t know where you’re going to place everything. To help you set your new home up, install closet fixtures before you unpack all your stuff. Adding closet systems can be a great home improvement idea as it can simplify the process and keep you organized. When you have closets in place, everything will go right into place, and you’ll be done.
- Perform some maintenance tasks
Moving to a new house can be a thrilling experience. From the organizational ideas to the decorating possibilities, your relocation to your home can be a great adventure. However, before you start making some lifestyle adjustments, you may have to do the following home improvement tasks to make sure everything is in working order:
- Swap out all the batteries with new ones in smoke detectors – Be sure you check the smoke detectors after moving in. If the house has an existing smoke detector, make it a habit to replace the batteries to ensure your safety. Besides, it’s always better to be safe than being sorry afterward.
- Change cooling and heating filters – Another home improvement tip to take it seriously is the replacement of the heating and cooling filters. By doing it, you’ll have cleaner air as well as a protection against having to replace the entire system, which is undoubtedly costly.
- Smooth out popcorn ceilings and walls – When you’re relocating to an older house, chances are you’ll have to deal with popcorn ceilings and walls. Although it can be a popular style before, the thing now is that it can be more of an eyesore. If you want to give your new home a fresh look, have these ceilings and walls smoothed out as soon as possible after you move in.
There you have it. Keep these home upgrades in mind and make your place more yours right after you move in. Also, if you’re looking to make your move in Brooklyn and other cities a great success, hire professionals like Brooklyn movers to help you get started.